– It is open to the entire Hornet Nation Family & the public – – Join President Ross as ASU brings in the season with music, joy and fellowship – WHAT: ASU’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. WHEN: Nov. 26 (Tuesday), @ 4:30 p.m. WHERE: The ASU Academic Mall. Save-the-date for Alabama State University’s annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony that will be held on Nov. 26 (Tuesday) at 4:30 p.m. on the … Continue reading ASU’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is @ Nov. 26 @ 4:30 p.m.
– Dr. Baker served as the ninth president of The Alabama State University –WHAT: Viewing & funeral service for former ASUPresident, Dr. C.C. Baker.WHEN: Monday (Nov. 11). Viewing from noon – 1 p.m.Funeral service begins at 1 p.m.WHERE: ASU’s Ralph David Abernathy College of Education’s auditorium, located 1625 Harris Way, on campus. The funeral service for former Alabama State University President, Dr. Clifford C. Baker, will be Monday (Nov. 11) in ASU’s Ralph David Abernathy College of Education’s auditorium that … Continue reading Funeral and Celebration of Life for Former ASUPresident C.C. Baker on Campus
– The Council consists of the presidents of each public university & college in Alabama – The President of Alabama State University has been elected by his peers to serve as the vice chairman of the Alabama Commission on Higher Education’s (ACHE) Council of Presidents. ASU’s Dr. Quinton T. Ross Jr. was elected as the vice chair at the meeting on Nov. 6, by the … Continue reading ASU’s Ross Elected Vice Chair of ACHE’s Council of Presidents!
– Alabama’s Rep. Terri Sewell brings Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) & other Members of Congress to ASU — All part of the CBC’s National Listening Tour to address critical issues affecting African-Americans – – Both a News Conference & a Town Hall Meeting on campus that are open to the public – WHEN: Friday (Nov. 1). WHAT: News Conference @ 12:45 p.m. … Continue reading Friday: Congressional Black Caucus Chair/Members Hosts Town Hall Meeting at ASU!
– Plan for Success is the Purpose of this Event, which is Free – – Networking Reception from 5 to 5:55 p.m.) – WHEN: Nov. 14; 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. WHERE: ASU’s Downtown Building @ 32 Commerce Street (room 216). Join Alabama State University’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) as it hosts a Small Business After-Hours Networking & Education Seminar on Nov. 14, from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. It will be held at ASU’s … Continue reading ASU Hosts Small Business After-Hours Networking & Education Seminar
– Free event designed to help small businesses learn about the business loan market & identify the right type of financial product – WHEN: Tuesday (Oct. 29), from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.WHERE: Hayneville, Ala. 215 W Tuskeena St. A small business lending and financial education seminar is being held to help small business owners in Lowndes County, the River Region and the Black Belt learn about the business loan market, … Continue reading ASU’s SBDC Hosts Lowndes County Financial Education Seminar!
Montgomery County, Ala. – A Montgomery County man convicted of shooting and killing an innocent bystander outside of a teen party has been sentenced by Judge Jimmy Pool to 90 years in prison, District Attorney Daryl Bailey announced. Antuan Johnson was found guilty of the 2016 murder of Gregory Keon Smith. Johnson was in the parking lot outside of a party attended by hundreds of teenagers during the Martin Luther King Jr., holiday weekend at Restoration … Continue reading ANTUAN JOHNSON SENTENCED TO 90 YEARS IN PRISON